JISD trustees to meet Oct. 18
JACKSONVILLE – Local school board trustees will meet Monday, Oct. 18, to discuss and possibly take action on an order authorizing the issuance of refunding bonds, establishing the parameters for refunding and delegating authority to the administration.
According to a meeting agenda, the board will meet in closed session at 5:30 p.m., then convene into open, regular meeting at 6:30 p.m. with a public hearing on accelerated fund-ing and success rate.
Trustees also will:
• Consider/approve a sale of unused and unnecessary salvaged aluminum bleacher mate-rial remaining from the 2018 Tomato Bowl demolition/refurbishing project in accordance with board policy, to the Jacksonville Rodeo Association
• Consider/adopt 2021 certified tax roll
• Consider/approve special ed remote home bound waiver
• Consider/approve JISD At-Risk Manual
• Consider/adopt resolution in order to make nominations to the border of directors of the Cherokee County appraisal district
• Consider/approve consent agenda that is comprised of minutes from a Sept. 20 regular board meeting; investment, finance and current amended budget reports; and 2021-22 dis-trict improvement plan and campus improvement plans.
Please support the Cherokeean Herald by subscribing today!