Children ages 18 and under eligible for free summer meals
Several locations are participating in this year’s summer feeding program for local children ages 18 and under.
• Alto ISD’s weekly meal pick-up will be 11 a.m. to 1 p.m., every Monday. The bags will include breakfast and lunch for five days. All children 18 and under qualify.
• Jacksonville ISD’s Food Service Department will continue serving to-go lunches to all JISD school age children 11 :30 a.m. to 1 p.m., Monday through Thursday at East Side Elementary. The student does need to be in the car to receive a lunch. Lunches will be available all summer.
• HOPE (Helping Others Pursue Enrichment) Inc. is participating in the Summer Food Program this year. Children can get a hot HOPE lunch AND lunch for later from the Summer Food Program! Lunches will be served from 11:30 a.m. -12:30 p.m., Monday-Thursday at HOPE, 595 Ragsdale St., Jacksonville. Children do NOT stay and eat -- all meals are to-go. Parents and caregivers can pick up for their children with documentation, i.e. report card.
• New Summerfield ISD is serving grab and go sack meals, to be picked up at the back of the cafeteria. Breakfast is served from 7:45- 8:15 a.m. and lunch from 11 a.m. to 12:15 p.m.
• Rusk ISD will continue to serve breakfast and lunch grab and go meals at the Elementary School campus, 11:30 a.m.-12:30 p.m., Monday-Thursdays, through Thursday, June 18. Summer menus are Monday – chicken strips or nuggets, rip sticks, carrots, black-eyed peas and grapes; Tuesday – steak fingers, mashed potatoes, green beans and applesauce; Wednesday – BBQ sandwich, pinto beans, broccoli and mandarin oranges; Thursday – chicken fajitas w/chips, baked beans, corn and mixed fruit. Also includes a PB&J sandwich tray, chips, carrot sticks, pickle spears and apple slices for Friday’s meal. All lunches include a breakfast meal for the next day, as well.
• The Unity and Support group will also be serving free contactless/drive through lunches for kids up to age 18, from noon to 1 p.m., Monday-Friday through Thursday, June 18, at the I.C. Conley Park, 208 Reeder St., Rusk.
• Wells ISD continues to serve a week’s worth of meals, 8-11 a.m., on Mondays at the school.
Please support the Cherokeean Herald by subscribing today!