County Commissioners’ Court recognizes employees for service
Members of the Cherokee County Commissioners’ Court recognized county employees for their years of dedicated service during a Jan. 11 meeting in Rusk. Photo by John Hawkins
RUSK – Several Cherokee County employees were recognized during a Jan. 11 Commissioners’ Court meeting for their years of service to the county and her residents.
30 years – Michael Lindsey
20 years – Lois Garner
10 years – Tracy Dement, Brent Dickson, Kay Hamilton, Rocio Helm, Omar Marroquin, Rebecca Netherland
Five years – Tracy Bjornson, Mark R. Kline
Also during the meeting, the court:
• Approved a budget amendment for County Court-at-Law
• Approved the Sheriff Department’s monthly report for December 2022. During that period, CCSO received 2,849 calls, of which 1,277 were 9-1-1 calls, 47 alarm calls and 33 fire calls. Prisoner intake numbered 151, while prisoner release for December tallied 144. A total of 113 animal control calls/complaints were made, and a total of 205 total offense cases were reported for incidents such as burglary of a vehicle, theft and assault/family violence.
• Approved a memorandum of understanding between Immigration and Customs
• Enforcement and Cherokee County Sheriff’s Office for reimbursement of joint operations expenses from the treasury forfeit fund
• Accepted a public donation made to sheriff’s office for CCSO Golf Tournament
• Granted Sheriff Dickson permission to Parkway Chevrolet to put up to three Chevy Tahoe vehicles on reserve for possible purchase in the next few months
• Granted approval to sell guns awarded to CCSO through Wal-Lee Auction
• Authorized county to issue requests for RFPs for management services for the American Rescue Plan of 2021
• Approved sale of equipment from one or more precincts through Auctioneer Express
• Approved a consent agenda comprised of an approval of final plat creating Lots 1-27 of Jacket Village; monthly reports from treasurer, auditor and Pct. 2 constable; meeting minutes; and authorizing payment of bills, payroll and transfer of funds
Please support the Cherokeean Herald by subscribing today!