Commissioners’ Court to discuss redistricting plans in Oct. 12 meeting
RUSK – County leaders will take the next step in addressing a redistricting issue during a 9 a.m. meeting at the Cherokee County Courthouse, according to a meeting agenda.
The Commissioners’ Court will hear a presentation by legal counsel “of draft illustrative plan redistricting the County commissioner precincts based on recently issued 2020 Census data,” with discussion by the court “of draft plans and amendments, if necessary, to develop a plan for future adoption,” the agenda state.
The court also will:
• Consider laying utility lines in each precinct
• Consider approval of Sheriff Department monthly report
• Consider request for Cares Act Funding for in-car computers and installation
• Consider donation of dirt from Greg Duplichain for county
• Consider/possible action on petition authorizing extension of traffic rules applicable to county roads to the privately maintained roads located in the Shady Brook Subdivision
• Consider nominations of five members to the 2020-21 CCAD Board of Directors
• Consider approval of 2022 Cherokee County holidays
• Consider approval of 2021 Certified Tax Roll
• Consider/adopt FY 2022 TIDC Formula Grant Program Resolution
• Conisider/possible action on petition to close County Road 2225
• Consider approval of intergovernmental contracts and mutual aid agreements with the county’s volunteer fire department
• Consider approval of consent agenda
Please support the Cherokeean Herald by subscribing today!