Harry’s Building Materials the focus of Nov. 12 public hearings
A public hearing regarding the intent to create and designate a reinvestment zone to allow a tax abatement for Harry’s Building Materials, Inc., will be held during a 5:30 p.m. meeting, Thursday, Nov. 12, at the Rusk Civic Center.
A second public hearing, also focused on the building company, deals with a sales tax abatement agreement and ad valorem tax abatement agreement between the company and the City of Rusk.
City leaders will then consider a separate ordinance and resolution in support of these issues when it convenes into its regular meeting, according to an agenda.
In other action, council members will:
• Consider an amendment to 2020-21 REDC budget for economic development incentives
• Consider the 2020 Certified Tax Roll levy for the city
• Consider a resolution authorizing City Manager Amanda Hill to allocate CARES funds
• Consider the Texas and Eastern Railroad tract extension and its easement, performed in May 2020 Consider an agreement with Anita Woodlee Roach for financial services
• Consider approval of a consent agenda that includes an October 2020 check register report, October 2020 credit card statements and monthly financials; Oct. 8 council meeting minutes and confirmation of the city manager’s appointment of an acting city manager.
The council also will meet in executive session to discuss and consider, in consultation with the city attorney, the Rusk Housing Authority. Action, if any, will be taken when the council reconvenes into open meeting, as per state government code.
Please support the Cherokeean Herald by subscribing today!