Rusk council to hold public hearing on former nursing home site
A public hearing regarding a former nursing home site at 817 W. 6th St. will be held during a 5:30 p.m. special meeting Thursday, July 8, at the Rusk Civic Center, 555 Euclid St.
According to a meeting agenda, the building – zoned as R-1 Single Family Detached Residential – was razed in 2020 and applicant Bobby Tosh seeks to have the plat zoned as a five-lot subdivision on a property.
The board will consider approval of Tosh’s request following the public hearing.
During the meeting, the council also will consider:
• Approval of a consent agenda that features June 2021 check register report and credit card statements, quarterly investment report, a detailed R&E and minutes for a June 17 council meeting
• Receive/consider annual audit for fiscal year 2019-20
• Consider/consider golf course lease
• Discuss/consider ordinance creating a cemetery advisory board
• Appointment of cemetery board members
• Discuss/consider ordinance to adopt 2015 International Building Codes
• Discuss/consider updating personnel policy adopting police/fire mental health and communicable disease policy
• Discuss/consider budget amendments
An executive session listed on the agenda features a consultation with the city attorney over legal matters regarding Cause No. JP1/CV 2021-006 update, as well as deliberation regarding purchase, exchange, lease or value of real property. Action, if any, will be taken when the council resumes into regular session, as per Texas Government Code.
Please support the Cherokeean Herald by subscribing today!