JISD board to meet March 29
JACKSONVILLE – Local school board trustees will meet in regular session Monday, March 29, at the Jacksonville ISD administration building, 800 College Ave. The meeting will be conducted by videoconference, and streamed live at www.youtube.com/channel/UCyxXml6aKjzOiWRcSbrDCZQ It will also be posted on the district’s Facebook page, “Jacksonville Isd.”
The meeting kicks off with a 5:30 p.m. closed session, in which the board will discuss hiring, termination/retirement or transfer of professional personnel, as well as legal matters, student discipline and real property. Action, if any, will be taken after the board reconvenes into open session, as per state government code.
Agenda items include:
• Consider approval of resolutions authorizing transfer of property to Cherokee County
• Consider changing date of summer board meeting
• Consider approval of 2021-22 textbook adoption selection
• Consider certification that JISD will use the 2020-21 instructional allotment to satisfy 100 percent of the Texas Essentials Knowledge and skills
• Consider approval of application to Texas Tech and TEA for a local TIA designation system
• Consider certification of Interim Superintendent Brad Stewart as district representative to the Region VII
Advisory Committee for 2021-2022
• Consider adopting consent agenda that includes meeting minutes and various reports.
Please support the Cherokeean Herald by subscribing today!