Heroes of History: Black Heritage in Texas
Join the Texas Historical Commission at noon, Wednesday, Feb. 10, for a free online presentation that celebrates Black History Month.
“From wartime service to seeking civil rights, African Americans have been shaping Texas for hun-dreds of years. Heritage destinations across the state showcase stories of outstanding bravery, caring for one’s community, and more,” according to the THC website. “In this program, representatives from five organizations will share the histories of their sites and how the public can support their work to promote Black history.”
• Host: Andrea Barefield, executive director, Texas Brazos Trail Region
• Candace Thompson and John Spriggins, Juanita J. Craft Civil Rights House
• Doreen Ravenscroft, Doris Miller Memorial, Cultural Arts of Waco
• Larry Callies, Black Cowboy Museum
• Luis Padilla, Buffalo Soldiers Heritage & Outreach Program, TPWD
• Sandra Tumberlinson, Callandret Black History Museum
Please support the Cherokeean Herald by subscribing today!