Rusk ISD, Commissioners' Court to meet this week
Meetings conducted this week in Cherokee include those for:
The local school board will perform its annual evaluation of schools superintendent Grey Burton during an upcoming meeting set for 6 p.m. Monday, Jan. 11.
The Zoom meeting will be conducted at the district training center, 199 Eagle Dr., according to a meeting agenda.
Other action items include review and approval of the district’s 2019-20 financial audit report, along with consideration of a resolution for local leave during the pandemic.
Trustees will vote on Burton’s evaluation after resuming into open session, as per Texas Government Code.
To join the Zoom meeting, visit https://zoom.us/j/6162690197. Use meeting ID 616 269 0197 and passcode 3i0iSp to access the meeting.
To call into the meeting, dial 346-248-7799, using meeting ID 616 269 0197 and passcode 777720.
Cherokee County Commissioners Court
County leaders will consider the approval to hire services for the 2021 redistricting project during a 9 a.m. Commissioners’ Court meeting, Tuesday, Jan 12, in Rusk.
The court also will hear from Sheriff Brent Dickson, who will advise the court on work crew, jail capacity and building maintenance.
Other agenda items that will be considered are:
- Laying of utility lines in each precinct
- Accepting oath and bond of elected officials, who were sworn into office at the beginning of the year
- Tax refund requests of $500 or more
- Appointment/re-appointment of Cherokee County Historical Commission members, for a term spanning Jan. 1, 2021 to Dec. 31, 2022
- Approval of a budget amendment for Dec. 1, 2020, Incentive Pay
- Approval for the extension of the Families First Coronavirus Response Act
- Approval of a resolution regarding the financing of election equipment approved for purchase on Nov. 24, 2020
- Approval of Sheriff’s Department monthly report
- Approval to purchase in-car computers
- Approval of budget amendment for Sheriff to transfer insurance proceeds to auto maintenance
- Approval of budget amendments for Sheriff to record proceeds from auction and offsetting expense accounts
- Acceptance of donation from K-9 officers
- Approval of vehicle purchase from Buy Board
- Approval to create patrol position from excess fund
- Approval to combine position of License and Weight officer with Livestock officer
- Approve a selection committee to recommend a candidate for the License and Weight/Livestock officer
- Approved the dual supervision of License and Weight/Livestock officer between Senior Commission and Sheriff Dickson
- Approval of consent agenda
Please support the Cherokeean Herald by subscribing today!