JISD to meet Monday
JACKSONVILLE – Local school board members will gather for their monthly meeting, 5:30 p.m. Monday, Nov. 16, and will consider the following agenda items:
• Moving the January 2021 regular board meeting from Jan. 18 – a holiday – to Jan. 25
• Adding Chief Financial Officer Luke Ocker on district investment accounts, and removing Alison Jones’ name
• Approval of Budget Amendment 21-02
• Appointing a 2020-21 Textbook Selection Committee
• Approval of the 2020-21 District Improvement and Campus Improvement plans
• Approval of a consent agenda that features investment, finance and current amended budget reports; and tax refund applications of $500 or more and donations of $1,000 or more, if needed.
Trustees also are scheduled to break into executive session to discuss a professional personnel report presented by Dr. Chad Kelly, Superintendent; legal matters, student discipline and real property; the 2017-20 Texas School Safety and Security Audit (non-instructional) – security devices.
Action, if any, will be taken after the board resumes back into open session, as per Texas Government Code.
Please support the Cherokeean Herald by subscribing today!